Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Sunday Stanza: Reflection

Skim the glass surface
ripple
watch the ice melt
trickle
warm summer sun fade
swallows swooping sippin
lemonade
I hear the hum in my ear
the beat of my heart becomes clear
I listen to the sound
enveloped surround
the ticking of the clock
seems so evident
wondering where the time went
take a moment to reflect

On Sundays look for a new verse of thought in written form. I will share thought from my past as well as today. I invite you to comment freely.

1 comment:

  1. Restful and refreshed as a result of your post, Reflection. The image reminds me of the early morning calm of Sundays. One of my hide-aways in Michiana is Leeper Park. The shadowed image of the bird took me retro to countless walks there, near the river's edge, with my 35mm.

    Thank you for the poetry and image. To me, it's a beautifully crafted ekphrastic poem.

    ReplyDelete